District Emergency Response Team (DERT)
Representatives- See District COVID-19 Plan
Recommendation to the Valley City Public School Board
1) Continue with education Plan ‘B’ In-Person Learning
2) Follow the current safety protocols and mitigation strategies (i.e. face masks, hand sanitizer, social distancing, stay at home when ill)
3) Continue to evaluate COVID-19 school statistics on a daily basis and remain very nimble and able to change/adjust as necessary.
4) If a change to virtual learning is considered, please remember to keep in mind the following:
- Mental health of students
- Social behaviors of students outside of school
This is a unanimous recommendation from our DERT Team and Local Health Team following the meeting held on Tuesday, November 12, 2020. The next scheduled meeting is Tuesday, December 15, 2020; however, they will meet sooner if necessary.