Alright gentlemen, Valentines Day is just around the corner. And I’m sure many of you have already got a gift for that special someone. But if you haven’t, an are planing on getting her something sweet. Instead of buying it why don’t you make some yourself? Now don’t start rolling your eyes and thinking that I must be nuts for even mentioning this. But there are some really easy recipes that anyone could whip up for their sweetheart. Besides, what girl wouldn’t love to get homemade sweets from her guy this Valentines Day? If she loves chocolate — and who doesn’t — then you will be sure to melt her heart with these sweet chocolate covered truffles. Oreo Truffles are so simple it will take no time at all to make them.
1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1. Crush nine of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
2. Add chocolate to a sauce pan and melt at medium-low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is nice and smooth.
3. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
4. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
How to Easily Dip Truffles:
Place truffle ball in melted chocolate to coat; roll if necessary. Lift truffle from chocolate using two forks (this will allow excess chocolate to run off) before placing on wax paper.
See now doesn’t that sound super easy. If your not sure if that is something that will get her swooning over you. Then how about an Eclair Cake. Yes boys I said “cake”. But don’t worry this is one cake that you don’t even have to bake. Eclair cake tastes just like the fancy eclairs you would get at any expensive restaurant. But with out the outrages price. It uses graham crackers, pudding mixture and chocolate frosting. So you don’t even need any kitchen power tools. Just a bowl, a spoon and you’re set.
1 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cups cold milk
15 graham cracker squares, broken in half
1 (16 ounce) package chocolate frosting
1. In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the pudding mix, whipped topping, and milk.
2. Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Top with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
3. Put frosting in a microwaveable container. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until the frosting is smooth and pourable. If it is still not creamy enough, place back in microwave for 15 seconds and stir. (Repeat this step until pourable.) Pour on top of cake.
4. Spread the frosting over the whole cake up to the edges of the pan. Cover, and chill at least 4 hours before serving.