- Special Sections
The big game is once again upon us. Which means tons of parties and food. If youâ€™re like me, you hate serving all your guest the same old boring appetizers. I have looked for new recipes that are simple, quick and of course delicious. I have picked a couple of my favorites to share with you. If hot and spicy is what your crowd likes, then they will love this first recipe. It is so fast an easy to make and will have your guests screaming for more.
Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce.
All you need is:
24 shrimp, medium size
12 slices bacon
24 jalapeno peppers
24 wooden toothpicks
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon minced sweet red pepper
1. Microwave bacon for 1 minute on high.
2. Cut slices in half crosswise (for a total of 24 pieces) and let cool.
3. Heat broiler to high
4. Coat a large broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Put one piece of bacon on work surface.
6. Place a shrimp at one end; tuck a jalapeno slice into curl of shrimp.
7. Roll bacon up tightly to enclose filling, securing with toothpick
8. Place shrimp rolls on prepared pan.
9. Stir together mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle relish red pepper and 1 Tbsp water in small bowl.
10. Broil 3 minutes.
11. Turn, broil 2 minutes more.
12.Serve with sauce for dipping.
If youâ€™re looking for something without a spicy kick, then this next recipe will be sure to win your game day crowd over. With just three simple ingredients it will take you no time at all to make this savory appetizers.
Sausage Cheese Balls
All you need is:
3 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 pound bulk pork sausage
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
1. Heat oven to 350ÂºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 2 x 1 inch.
2. Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm or cold.
If you would like to share some of your Big Game Day appetizers. Please go to our Facebook page and submit yours.
Krystle is the Classified Advertising Representative at the Times-Record. You may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.