Archive - News Article
August 4th, 2014
Television Station KXJB had a studio in Valley City starting in the 1950s until it was closed in 1963. More in Monday's issue of the Times-Record.
The Valley City Public School board unanimously approved during its annual meeting Thursday to reinstate some of the positions that were cut in April. More in Monday's Times-Record.
I-94 has been cleared after a multi-vehicle accident with injuries Saturday morning. More information will be available in Tuesday's Times-Record.
Two Valley City businesses were burglarized overnight Thursday. Between midnight and 7 a.m. Friday, someone entered the Deitrich and Sons bus barn and Truck and Auto Salvage, both on 14th Avenue Southwest.
Employees returning to work at Truck and Auto Salvage Friday discovered a floor safe had been broken into and an unknown amount of money missing.
A musician and former finalist on NBC's "The Voice" stopped in Valley City while on tour Wednesday. Nicholas David, a soul singer/songwriter, stopped to see Terry and Vicky Jones, owners of Vicky's Viking Room, who he called friends of his family.
He stopped by the restaurant to visit with the pair and their family and also performed a few songs for the crowd of about 20.
More in Friday's Times-Record.
U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp will host U.S. Department of Agriculture Under Secretary for Natural Resources and Environment, Robert Bonnie, at a roundtable discussion in Valley City Aug. 6 to discuss conservation with farmers and others. More in Friday's issue of the Times-Record.
The North Dakota Farmers Union is one of about 40 farm groups making up the North Dakota Ag Coalition that unanimously voted to oppose the proposed Clean Water, Wildlife and Parks Amendment (CWWPA). More in Friday's issue of the Times-Record.
About 35 Valley City residents were on-hand Tuesday for the unveiling of design options for flood walls in the first phase of the city's permanent flood protection plan.
See the proposals in Thursday's Times-Record.
Members of Valley City's Rotary Club this year opened their hearts beyond Barnes County, choosing to sponsor Gabi Ostgaard, who lost both parents to carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty furnace at their home in Crookston, Minn. More in Thursday's issue of the Times-Record.